My sugar-free journey…alcohol included
Hi you guys,
So it’s week 2 and I feel pretty great. I mean, of course I have cheated. I am human. I am a new mom. I am ______.
I drank wine spritzers this weekend since I’m trying to bring back the wine cooler era. But really, you should try it this summer – it’s delicious and easy.
- Fill a tumbler with ice
- Fill half way with wine (pinot gris, sauvignon blanc or a white blend works well)
- Add a splash of sparkling water
- Squeeze a lime in
I also had whipped cream on my berries. Big time…
My workouts were pretty successful, although ideally I would have been able to squeeze in one or two more. Here’s what last week looked like:
- Monday – Pilates chair workout
- Tuesday – Brazilian Buttlift 25 min dvd
- Wednesday – Pilates tower/reformer workout
- Thursday – Too tired
- Friday – 3 mile hike with the babe
- Saturday – Nope. Every intention of swimming, but I woke up nauseous (I think from weaning…hormones are nasty)
- Sunday – Went wine tasting instead
Lunch has been the most challenging because I had not planned it out. So this week, I bought tons of veggies and tofu and chopped it all up ahead of time. So now, I just add lettuce and dressing. So.Much.Easier.
My salad add-ins include beets, roasted potatoes, baked tofu, lentils, brussel sprouts, white beans and cucumbers. I got most of these pre-cooked at Trader Joe’s so it’s not as time consuming as you’d think.
If you’re also getting healthy and gorgeous, keep it up – you’re awesome! And no judgements for a “cheat” – we’re all just _____.
Please share your tips or favorite recipes!